Living and Loving Our Catholic Faith: Sunday and Beyond
NFCYM is proud to introduce our new resource series, Living and Loving Our Catholic Faith, with the first edition Sunday and Beyond. It will help Catholic young people both appreciate and more fully participate in the rich liturgical traditions of our faith. It is creative and user-friendly. Young people, through these sessions, will encounter God by gathering together for prayer and worship, listening to the Spirit, responding to the Lord’s call, and putting their faith into action by serving others.
This new series replaces the “youth ministry resource manual.” Instead of being based upon a calendar year it has been developed with a focus on contemporary thematic area within the Catholic faith. Designed for parish and diocesan youth ministry leaders it contains: a primer on the theme, catechetical resources, retreat suggestions and musical suggestions. Each book is sold with one (1) bookmark and one (1) cd containing the handouts and activity resources.
This new resource does not contain World Youth Day materials. Instead, NFCYM will post resources for liturgical celebrations on its website sometime in the fall (August) of 2009. Catechetical leaders will be able to use these materials free of charge as they plan their World Youth Day celebration which, in the United States, is observed on the 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time—typically the third Sunday in October.
Table of Contents
Primer on Liturgical Catechesis
- Making Mass Meaningful: A Catechetical Session for Young Adolescents
-Is It Christmas Yet? A Liturgical Year Game for the Whole Community
- If You Plan It, They Will Come: A Session on How to Prepare Liturgy
- Am I Ready, Lord? Praying and Preparing for the Sacrmanet of Confirmation
- The Liturgy of the Hours: A Prayer Service and Catechetical Session
- I Bow Down before You: A Eucharistic Adoration Prayer Service
- Can We Play That? A Session on Liturgical Music (and Using Contemporary Music)
- Around the Table: A Catechetical Session on Multicultural Liturgical Celebrations
- The Lord’s Prayer Deconstruction/Reconstruction
- No Zombies Allowed: A Catechetical Session on the Meaning of Our Participation in Mass
- Lord, Hear Our Prayer
- Unfolding the Three-Fold Mission: Priest, Prophet, and King Retreat
- My Crazy Response: A Time of Reflection for Adults Who Work with Youth
- Now What? A Process for Putting Our Faith into Action after the Liturgy
- Sent Forth: A Reflection on the Call to Serve
- Why Do It? Understanding the Call to Serve as More than Service Hours
- Go in Peace to Love and Serve: A Commissioning Service for Youth and Adults in Leadership